The New Zealand Tourism Sustainability Commitment consists of a set of 12 Commitments for individual businesses to work towards.
1. Resilience - Focus on long-term business performance and resilience.
2. Investment - Invest to create value, opportunities and to drive sustainability practices.
3. Innovation - Innovate to solve problems, create new ways to do things and increase productivity.
5. Culture and Heritage - Embrace Aotearoa New Zealand's culture and heritage as part of delivering a unique and authentic visitor experience.
6. Visitor Engagement - Engage with visitors about how to be great travellers within Aotearoa New Zealand.
7. Employer of Choice - Attract, support and develop the workforce we need to flourish and succeed.
8. Community Engagement - Actively and positively engage with the communities in which we operate, taking a leadership role to champion causes that are important to the community.
9. Sustainable Supply Chains - Have socially and environmentally sustainable supply chains.
10. Restoring Nature - Contribute to protecting and enhancing Aotearoa New Zealand's environment, including water, biodiversity, landscapes and clean air.
11. Carbon Reduction - Act urgently to contribute to Aotearoa New Zealand's transition to a net zero carbon economy.
12. Eliminating Waste - Take responsibility for the entire life cycle of products and services we use and ultimately eliminate the waste associated with these.